Admissions @ Jaipur
Recent times have shown to us that the field of Public Health has a very significant role to play in our daily lives. Its aim is to improve the quality of life through the prevention of diseases and promoting healthy practices among the people to help them achieve good health. Careers in public health go well beyond working in promoting healthy living initiatives. A degree in Public Health can lead to employment in the public health sector, education, policy-making, and in programs run by various Non-Profit Organizations and more.
School of Public Health at Poornima University Jaipur in academic partnership with Jodhpur School of Public Health (JSPH) is making concerted efforts to ensure that the education and training imparted are at par with the global standards and local needs. Such training is necessary to address the unmet need of subject experts in Public Health as well as in the Healthcare sector.
Our experienced and distinguished faculty expand the value, attitude, and ethical aspects of the field to enable the students in developing a sense of commitment to their service.
Jodhpur School of Public Health (JSPH), one of the foremost Public Health Schools in the South Asian region with the motto “Education, Training, and Research” offers academic degree programs such as Masters in Public Health (with a concentration in Public health practice, Public Health nutrition, and Public Health information systems in addition to the general program emphasis), Masters in Hospital Administration, and Bachelors in Public Health.
The faculties include academic experts in Global Public Health as well as the healthcare industry from India and overseas. The programs are designed to bring Public Health knowledge and its cutting-edge application for Global Health needs.
Emphasis is given to health informatics, health promotion, public health nutrition, global health, Industrial, and field visits.
Practical Training and real-world experiences in our academic programs are a top priority.
The programs offered are specially designed for mid-career professionals who are already working in the health sector and want to enhance their careers or wish to be a part of it in the future. These hybrid programs use a blend of e-learning, industrial training/internships, and on-campus classes.
- Masters in Public Health (MPH) - 2 Years
- Masters in Hospital Administration (MHA) - 2 Years
- Masters in Public Health Nutrition (MPH-N) - 2 Years
- Masters in Public Health - Global Health (MPH-Global Health) – 2 Years inclusive of an overseas field experience program (Due to the ongoing pandemic, for more details, contact +91-9530056817)
- Diploma in Public Health 1 Year
- Diploma in Public Health Nutrition - 1 Year
- PG Diploma in Epidemiology and Biostatistics - 1 Year
- PG Diploma in Public Health Nutrition - 1 Year
- Bachelors in Public Health - 3 Years
- PhD - Public Health and Hospital Administration – min. 3 Years
- MPH / MPHN / PGD (Epidemiology and Biostatistics / Public Health Nutrition) – Graduation in any life sciences discipline (min. 50%) or Graduation in any discipline with two years of experience in the public health sector. (min. 50%)
- MHA: Graduation in any discipline (min. 50%)
- BPH: Pass in 10+2 (any Stream) with minimum 50% (45% for “SC/ST/ NonCreamy Layer OBC/SBC/Girls) marks in aggregate from CBSE / State/ Equivalent board)
- DPH / DPHN: 10+2 Passed with Science-Biology as a subject.
- Ph. D: (Public Health) 50% in Post-Graduation + Entrance + Interview.
- Program is designed for mid-career professionals who work in the health sector and possess a degree in medicine, dentistry, nursing, and other allied health fields.
- It is a hybrid program that uses partial-E-learning and on-campus classes.
- Core course addresses Healthcare and hospital management including management of Human resources and Finance, Organizational Behaviour, Principles of Hospital Administration, Medico-Legal Aspects, Quality in Healthcare, and Marketing in Healthcare.
- Master’s thesis in a topic of the student’s choice and interests.
- Minimum 8 weeks internship program with NABH accredited hospitals (Medipulse Hospital, Jodhpur) and a Corporate Hospital (Fortis/ MAX/ Eternal/ Medanta/ Ivy, Bhagwan Mahaveer Cancer Hospital etc)
- The course is taught by stalwarts from Public Health and Medical fraternity from India and abroad.
- Successful students get placed in organizations like WHO, McKinsey & Company, UN Children’s Fund, PHFI, The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, US CDC, Academic institutions, Health insurance companies, Hospitality and Travel industry, national and international government offices, academic institutions, Banks, Public Health Engineering Departments, Technology companies among other institutions.